All WCSO deputies are trained in Crime Prevention and are assigned to areas of the county for Community Policing purposes.
All WCSO deputies are trained in Crime Prevention and are assigned to areas of the county for Community Policing purposes. Crime Analysis is conducted on a regular basis to help predict and prevent crime "hotspots". All patrol deputies are involved and increase patrols in potential problem areas.
The Sheriff's Office also has a Virginia DCJS certified Crime Prevention Specialist (CPS) available to conduct Security Surveys and answer questions regarding fraud and scams in the area. The Virginia Crime Prevention Specialist designation was established in the Code of Virginia in 1994 and revised in 2004. The designation of CPS requires extensive advanced and specialized crime prevention training, instructor experience, and experience in providing crime prevention services in addition to criminal justice experience.
Dep. K. B. Simon is Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office’s certified Crime Prevention Specialist. As part of her duties, Dep. Simon conducts commercial and residential security surveys, provides crime prevention and personal safety presentations, and provides the community with various tools and resources dedicated to the prevention of criminal activity, improvement of personal safety and security.
To contact Dep. Simon regarding any crime prevention issues, email her at email@example.com or call 804-493-8066.
Request a Security Survey
Interested in a Crime Prevention presentation?
Click here to go to our presentations page: PRESENTATIONS
- U.S. Postal Service - Preventing Mail Fraud
- U.S. Postal Inspection Service - Mail Fraud Schemes
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) - File a Complaint
- FTC Report Identity Theft - IdentityTheft.gov
- Virginia Attorney General - Comsumer Protection
- Verizon - Fraud & Scam Alerts
- IRS Scams - Treasury Inspector General
- Internet Safety - OnGuard Online
- NetSmartz - Online Safety & Awareness for Parents