The Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office has implemented its “Prescription Drugs Drop-Box”, Initiative.
The focus is to alleviate health and safety concerns from our community by collecting and properly disposing of unused and unwanted prescription medications which can be accidentally ingested, stolen, misused and abused.
The Drop-Box is located in the Sheriff’s Office lobby. It is labeled/identifiable and is available 24/7 for drop offs. NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!
Items accepted for Disposal
- Prescription and over – the -counter medications
- Tablets and capsules
- Nasal Sprays
- Pet Medicines
Items NOT Accepted for Disposal:
- Bloody or other infectious waste, (Bio-Hazards)
Preparing Items for Disposal in the Drop-Box:
- All items are to be in a sealed container, original bottle, zip-lock bag, etc.
- NOTHING DISPOSED LOOSLEY IN THE DROP-BOX.
- Personal information should be removed or blotted out with permanent marker.